Monday, March 7, 2011

I admit it. I am a Fangirl.

You hear me say this and now you say, "ooooohhh you're one of those girls".  

Well, maybe I am.  But it really depends on what your take on being a fangirl is. 

So yeah, fangirl is a term that can be totally derogatory.  It has various meaning from being a crazy lunatic stalker girl who thinks she is going to marry the object of her fanaticism or it can pertain to a normal girl who has strong fan loyalty to a particular band, actor, fictional character or whatever. The spectrum is quite long between the two extremes of the definition.  I reckon that I fall somewhere in between the two but closer to the "normal" end of it all. 

I am a girl who formed a  fan loyalty to the "country" group, Little Texas as a tween. Now where usually a fangirl will grow out of her adorations, mine has only stuck with me and been made stronger through the years.  I think this is based on the fact that their music has been a soundtrack to my heart of sorts and really, when you bond yourself to a particular song or whatever, it is with you always for whatever moment in your life you have tied it to. For example, people always remember what song was playing when they danced their first couple dance, or the song that was playing during their first make out session, or people even have songs that they make known that they want played at their funeral.  Anyways, for whatever reason, I have loved Little Texas since their first single played on my little purple and white boombox. I remember setting up my cassette to try and capture it so that i could play it over and over.  Their first single was "Some Guys Have All The Love".  They have had my love for 20 years now. 

So, lets skip some of the history. Anyone who knows me knows about my undying absolute devotion to all things Little Texas.  Okay and lets face it, after seeing as many shows as I have, the guys in the band know about it too.  I'm going to start out this blog with the Little Texas adventures I have during the year 2011.  I hope to throw in a review here and there of past shows I have been to also.  Some of those times have the best memories. In fact, ever since Little Texas has reunited all the memories have been the best. I have met some wonderful, dear, sweet friends who once I just considered fellow fans.  My best girlfriend was made through our love of Little Texas.  I feel absolutely blessed to have a Husband who loves Little Texas as much as I do.  The Little Texas adventures I have are always with him. He is my partner in crime and seeing Little Texas live has become our hobby.  This hobby has had us all over the eastern part of the country.  We have yet to cross the Mississippi River for a show! Always on our concert road trips, we take time to see the area we are visiting and it's something we have really enjoyed over the past couple years.  

Our Little Texas adventures have a tendency to start like this.... 
"So where the boys playing this weekend?"
insert answer with how long it would take to get there...
"Hmmm, that's do-able... ROAD TRIP!!!"

Anyways, I am basically compiling this blog is for other Little Texas fan's enjoyment. I know a lot of people can't just up and go see them like we do. I try to provide lots of pics and sometimes vids to share along with show details and travel experiences. A big part of the reason I am doing this blog is to also have my own memories preserved.  I love having a log to look back on and enjoy.  I hope you enjoy my ramblings about all things Little Texas.  Feel free to follow, comment, suggest or whatever. Just try not to be mean. It sucks to have your feelings hurt. 

Peace, Love, and Little Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment